Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Day 9 of Our Whole30®

Joe's Meals

Breakfast: 3 eggs and a kiwi ("wasn't enough.")
Lunch: Half a sweet potato, red snapper
2nd Lunch: baked chicken with avocado & kale salad
1st Dinner: Cantaloupe and baked chicken
2nd Dinner: Bison burger stuffed with spinach, red onion, garlic + Asparagus in olive oil & garlic

Amanda's Meals

Breakfast: 2 eggs
Lunch: Tuna with homemade mayo with an apple
Dinner: Same as Joe's 2nd dinner
Snack: a Kiwi, a banana, and a couple pieces of cantaloupe

Joe thinks he is losing weight and is concerned about it.  We both feel generally emaciated.  It's hard for him to get enough carbs to feel functional, so he's eating more fruit now.  I am really not making any changes and plan to continue to live in misery for the next 21 days. I've been thinking a lot about binging on food.  Today I thought for a while about a Pizza Hut stuffed crust pizza, followed by a few cheesy gordita crunches from Taco Bell. This whole "changing my attitude / relationship with food" mantra does not seem realistic.  I am still very much in a love affair with greasy bread, and absence is only making my heart grow fonder.  We'll see, Whole30®. . . we will see.

Oh!  I do have one piece of exciting news related to the Whole30.  So, I usually get mosquito bites the size of quarters or bigger, and they itch like crazy.  They're so bad that they wake me up at night and I carry around After Bite in my purse just in case I get one.  They stay that way for over a week.  Joe told me that it was probably due, in part, to my diet & inflammation and blah blah whatever.  Well at some point recently... I got bit by a mosquito.  I didn't even notice it until tonight and it's the tiniest little bite.  Well, maybe not the tiniest, but I'd say its an acceptable size for a mosquito bite.  And it barely itches at all. I will give The Whole30 credit for this, as it's the first time in the past 2 summers that a mosquito bite didn't ruin my week.

Is this crazy diet worth tinier mosquito bites?  If I have to answer right now, I say yes.  But that's only because otherwise I know I'd be waking up putting After Bite on my foot all night.  Until tomorrow, Whole30.

No comments:

Post a Comment