Thursday, August 16, 2012

Day 11 of Our Whole30®

Joe's Meals

Breakfast: Breakfast casserole w/ a banana
Snack: Guacamole & Kale salad with a white peach
Lunch: Cup of baked chicken with 2 tbsp homemade mayo, baba ganoush, broccoli, & 2-3 tbsp almond butter w/ celery
Dinner: bison burger w/ chopped spinach & onions & acorn squash w/ coconut oil

Amanda's Meals

Breakfast: Breakfast casserole w/ sauce
Lunch: baked chicken w/ homemade mayo wrapped in romaine leaves
Snack: baked chicken
Dinner: bison burger, chicken broth soup
Snack2: Banana w/ almond butter

 Joe wants to take up hunting so we can get cheaper meat. I think that just seems to be taking things a bit too far. To his disappointment, he already missed the deadline to enter the hunting license raffle this year (drat).  There's always next year's Whole30, I guess. Serendipitously, we won a basket of meat products for some raffle he signed up for a few weeks ago. We're getting it on Monday, so hopefully it's nitrate-free!

Today was pretty uneventful.  I felt a little weird/dizzy in the morning.  I couldn't tell a few times if my stomach was hurting or if I was just hungry.  I don't feel as hateful & angry, though, so that's a plus.  I feel kind of like I'm on auto-pilot.  Eat, work, eat at work, work more, drive home, eat, clean, sleep.  Oh, and find time in between to prepare food, which makes more messes, which calls for more cleaning.  I really miss just opening the package and throwing away the mess...

This weekend we're heading to a wedding.  I am curious to see how much fun they are without alcohol :)

Day 11 is done and I feel like things are looking up just a little bit.  See you tomorrow, Day 12.

3 comments:

  1. No alcohol at the wedding I am IMPRESSED and inspired to do a alcohol free Whole30

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there any such thing as an alcohol-inclusive whole30, and if so, why didn't I know about this!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there any such thing as an alcohol-inclusive whole30, and if so, why didn't I know about this!?

    ReplyDelete