Sunday, August 26, 2012

Day 7a of our Whole30®

Joe's Meals

Breakfast: Eggs w/ a sweet potato
Lunch: Half a burger,
Snack: a ton of almonds, a pear, carrots
Dinner: Homemade cabbage coleslaw, steak

Amanda's Meals

Basically the same as Joe, since we were together all day - just a little less than him :)

Saturday during the day we attended the New Haven Open.  We had tickets that allowed us two free delicious looking hot dogs, and we had to regretfully decline them.  I never got free hot dogs before the Whole30... why now?  Anyway, we knew this would happen so we brought a baggie of almonds roasted in coconut oil with us plus two pears.  Let me tell you - those almonds roasted in coconut oil are the bees knees. They are actually so good that I can't believe we are allowed to eat them during our imprisonment, er, Whole30. 

Saturday daytime is one thing, but Saturday night time is a sad reminder that we can't drink alcohol :-/ We went to a party with an abundance of beer, liquor, & wine and not a single sip of one crossed our lips. You know what, though? I still had fun. It's definitely a good thing to learn that I can still have a good time without drinking. That was very much in question before this Whole30 began.

We're almost in the double-digit days again, and I'm feeling pretty good minus the small sacrifices here and there. I think my food preferences have changed. I know that's a weird thing to think, but hear me out... Joe made this cabbage coleslaw which is essentially cut up cabbage, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, with olive oil & vinegar.  That, to pre-Whole30 Amanda, sounds absolutely disgusting.  But I ate it, and it tasted like the best thing I had ever eaten.  I seriously could not stop eating this raw cabbage coleslaw concoction.  Now, I've never eaten it before now, so I can't say that I disliked it before... but I've known me longer than anyone, and pre-Whole30 Amanda would have hated it - I just know it.  Day 7a Amanda freakin' loves it. So, that's why I think things have changed.

Overall, Day 7a has treated me well. I have no complaints and am hoping for the same smooth sailing throughout the rest of the Whole 30 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment