Sunday, August 26, 2012

Day 8a of our Whole30®

Joe's Meals

Breakfast: Eggs w/ steak with pepper & onion
Lunch: Cabbage stuffed with ground beef, peppers, onions topped with homemade tomato sauce
Snack: cabbage coleslaw, peach, almonds, pineapple, spoonful of almond butter
Dinner: same as lunch

Amanda's Meals

Breakfast: Eggs w/ steak with pepper & onion
Lunch: Cabbage stuffed with ground beef, peppers, onions topped with homemade tomato sauce
Snack: almonds, spoonful of almond butter
Dinner: same as lunch

Today, we woke up early and played some beach volleyball.  One nice thing about not drinking is no hangovers, so we could actually get up, play outside, & enjoy the whole day. Volleyball was a ton of fun, but beach days are always more fun with beer. I will definitely resume beer + beach after Day 30.

Not much more to report Whole30-wise today.  I didn't do any pre-made breakfast tonight, so this week could be kind of annoying in that regard.  I'll have to get up earlier to actually make eggs, and probably factor in some time to ruin eggs & try again. I am the self-proclaimed worst egg maker in the world.  I can't even crack them right, so I spend a good portion of the time digging shells out of the mix.  If the Whole30 improves my egg-making capability, it'd be totally worth it. What if I'm a mom someday who can't make eggs? I can't have my future kids going to other future kids' houses and doing cartwheels over eggs like they've never been fed a breakfast before... how embarrassing. I'll just have to man up and improve the egg cooking now, before it's too late.

Well, I'm off to bed.  Buenas noches, Whole30 Day 8a! 


No comments:

Post a Comment