Monday, August 20, 2012

Day 2a of our Whole30

Joe's Meals

Breakfast: Egg casserole with sauce
Lunch: He'll fill it in later
Snack: He'll fill it in later
Dinner: Cod baked with coconut flakes + green beans & eggplant with sauce

Amanda's Meals

Breakfast: Egg casserole with sauce
Lunch: Baked chicken with homemade mayo
Snack: a nectarine, banana with almond butter, 1 hard-boiled egg
Dinner: Cod baked with coconut flakes + green beans & eggplant with sauce

I'm sick today :( I have a super annoying cough since last night.  It's one of those dry, infectious, apocalypse-is-here-and-I'm-patient-zero type coughs. I can't separate this illness from the Whole30's effects, so I can't really speak to what a Day 2a is like for me. I draw the conclusion that cheating on the Whole30 is sickness-inducing... that or the 3 year old in front of me at the wedding coughing all over his hands and then lunging at me with his saliva-covered fingers is sickness-inducing... we'll never know which it was, so I won't speculate any further.

Last night I made more homemade sauce & another egg casserole. Joe seems to be eating a greater portion of egg casserole every day, so he needs to dial it back.  It doesn't save that much time if I have to make an egg casserole every 2 days.  I started out eating approx half of his portion, and now he's eating literally 4X as big of a piece as I am.  That's right, Joe.  I'm monitoring your egg casserole intake... whatchu gonna do about it?

Well, I'm off to cough some more & mope around a bit. Good seeing you again, Day 2. You're different than I remembered you, but still not likable.

No comments:

Post a Comment