Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Day 1 of our Whole30®

Joe's Meals

Breakfast: 3 eggs sunnyside up cooked in coconut oil + a handful of blueberries
Lunch: Custom order salad from some café in Stamford, CT. 
Dinner: Organic burger packed with chopped Swiss chard (stems & all), crushed garlic, onion.  A sweet potato on the side cooked with coconut oil and cinnamon. 
Snack: Blueberries, Celery w/ Almond butter

How was it? It was very hard to find something for lunch.... I never crave McDonald's but driving by it, I really wanted it. I should have prepared better for day because I'm not sure if the meat on my salad would have been "acceptable" by Whole30 standards.

Amanda's Meals

Breakfast: 2 eggs, tbsp guac, side of green peppers
Lunch: Salad from Elm City Market in New Haven CT.  Oil & Balsamic vinegar dressing
Dinner: Same as Joe
Snack: blackberries, beet salad

How was it? There are a few things I was REALLY missing on day one: Diet pepsi, granola bars, Elf Fudge cookies, cigarettes, and the ability to concentrate on anything whatsoever.  It was kind of rough, but I think most of that was because of not smoking and a smaller part was because I wasn't eating the way I normally do.

No comments:

Post a Comment