Friday, August 24, 2012

Day 6a of Our Whole30®

Joe's Meals

Breakfast: Egg casserole, fresh pineapple
Lunch: Coleslaw (recipe to follow:), two chicken sausages, eggplant w/ tomato sauce
Snack: avocado/kale salad, pineapple
Dinner: Skirt steak + various tapas from Barcelona Restaurant in New Haven.

Amanda's Meals

Breakfast: Egg casserole w/ sauce
Lunch: Pear w/ almond butter, coleslaw, avocado/kale salad
Dinner: Skirt steak w/ tapas from Barcelona

I was still sick today / tonight, but a friend of ours was in town, so we decided to go out to eat.  I was so delighted with Barcelona for being such a Whole30-friendly establishment.  We ate a feast and it was glorious.

First, we a whole garlic bulb roasted in olive oil. I love garlic, and have never thought of just roasting and eating it... but it was everything I could have imagined.  Then we had squash with onions, shrimp, and arugula salad w/ avocado & oranges.  We also ordered a plate of peppers, which all looked alike, but some were hot & some were not. One pepper, in particular, made our friend Katie _cringe_.  So, being the bad ass that I am, I took two bites of it. You know, just to prove that I'm a stellar pepper eater. If anything, I only proved that I am _not_ a stellar pepper eater. My whole face turned red, my lips were burning, and there was no stopping it.  We had to ask the waitress to bring over a glass of milk so I could gargle it (no worries, I spit it out.) ... I will never eat a Barcelona pepper again as long as I live.

It was definitely very nice to eat out and not have to be "that guy" who special orders everything and ends up with a plate of lettuce.  Props to you, Barcelona.  You made Day 6a extremely pleasant :)

No comments:

Post a Comment