Sunday, September 16, 2012

Day 29 of Our Whole30

Meals

Breakfast: 2 eggs and some sweet potato
Lunch: Nectarine, almonds, walnuts
Dinner: Scallops, Arugula salad w/ mayo/olive oil/spices dressing, Kale & Tomato side
Snack: Idk yet, but there will probably be something in this category :)

Zomg there is only one day left... Tomorrow is DAY 30.  Like I mentioned in my last post, I don't have any plans to completely abandon my new eating habits, but I also don't plan to stick to them 100%.  Some things that won't change:
  • Leafy greens & veggies will remain a staple
    • Yikes, our farm share ends in 4 weeks, so I guess we'll have to buy 'em :(
  • We're still going to bake whole chickens & use them for lunch meat / bone broth soup
  • We're still going to stay away from things that come in a wrapper or has been processed to the point where its ingredients are beyond recognition.
  • We're going to limit grains to ~2 servings a week or so
  • We're going to keep eating different kinds of fish throughout the week
  • Still no fake sugar & diet sodas.  I've kicked the habit, so no point in bringing it back.
  • Still no dairy, but that's just cause I already know I'm allergic.
All in all I'm super happy we did this. I'll save my Day 30 post for all of the details about what's changed as a result of our The Whole30, but I think the benefits have been enormous.

That said, I still want a Pizza Hut pizza.  And it will be mine.


Tonight's dinner, lookin' delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment