Sunday, September 16, 2012

Day 28 of Our Whole30

Tailgating Whole30-Style

Just to make our last weekend of the Whole30 extra tempting, we went to a Penn State football game with Joe's family. I took lots of pictures recap the most delicious & definitely healthiest tailgate I've ever been to. If we can Whole30 at a Penn State tailgate, we can do it anywhere.

Burgers with beet stems & onions + homemade steak rub. That's not my beer I swear!!

Part of the spread: Almonds, Veggies & Guac, Green salsa & Red Salsa (all homemade of course :)

Other part of the spread: Mixed greens, cucumber onion & tomato salad, pickles, & olive oil dressing.


[Not pictured]

Delicious-looking cookies made by Joes sister.  

I got in a few stare downs with these un-pictured cookies, but ultimately, I was victorious. I asked Joe if we could take some home for Tuesday (aka Day 31) & he scoffed at me.  Whatever, Mr. Potato head. 

I've been thinking a lot about Day 31 coming up so soon.  I feel anxious about it.  I don't want to stop Whole30ing but at the same time... I do want to.  So far, our plan is to stick with it as much as we can, but allow exceptions that make sense. For example, if we're traveling & run out of food... we don't have to spend $20 to get the ONLY whole30 approved items.  Also, if we go out with some friends, we can have a few drinks (the rule I'm most looking forward to ditching). 

I also don't think this will be our last Whole30.  We'll try sticking with it as much as we can, and if there comes a day when we feel we've shifted too far back to the dark side, we'll use it to reset. 

Anyways, the Penn State tailgate was a great success, and we had a lot of fun. Only two more days left, ahh! 


No comments:

Post a Comment