Friday, January 2, 2015

Kale Shake (it off)

One thing that's different about this Whole30 is that I procured a Ninja sometime over the past 2 years. Today as a snack I made a delicious Kale shake / smoothie that goes somethin' like this:

Single Serve Cup
Kale (fill up about 1/2 the smoothie vessel with the kale... really pack it in there, ya know?)
1/2 a banana
a few pieces of frozen cubed pineapple
some coconut oil (I did something like 1-1.5 tbsp for a single serve)
some ice cubes
fill in the space with water. The more water, the thinner it gets.

I don't use a juicer, so I really don't know how this translates into a juice recipe. I just blend it all up until it's thick but without any chunks. The Ninja is perfect at that kind of job.

Good thing it tastes a lot better than it looks... also I have no future in photography.



MMMmmmmMMMMmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment