Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Day 6: hotel living

The trip to the grocery store today was key. I got hard boiled eggs for breakfast and two containers of squash salad for snacks / sides.

The grocery store here in New Haven is amazing for whole30ing. They have a hot food bar where they post all ingredients, including the oil they cool with. I was able to get grilled lemon chicken + baked carrots and cauliflower for lunch.

For dinner we went to a nice restaurant but there was only one menu item that was compliant. It was pan seared sea bass topped with arugula. Not what I would ever normally order but very very good. As an app we had amazing guacamole which they make fresh with only avocado tomato and lime. I just ate it with my fork of course... Can't have those corn chips!

The waitress places a piece of bread right in front of me on a small plate. It sat there for too long taunting me, but I didn't budge. Sorry, wasted bread piece. 

So long day 6. It's been real.

No comments:

Post a Comment