Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Amanda: 2 Sugar Dragon: 28

Probably due to a combination of my stellar blogging and his own encounter with tiny baby pants that don't fit, Joe has agreed to embark on another Whole30 adventure with me. This is big news, because everyone knows how successful The Buddy System is, and the Whole30 Buddy System is no exception.

2 Days ago was a Football Sunday. I drank a beer, which led to more beer, so that couldn't very well be Whole30 day one. Apple juice on ice for the first Steelers game? Who was I kidding.

When Joe and I drink beer together, we make horrible decisions with regard to food. Earlier in the day, I was eating very well. A couple beers later the conversation goes something like:

*Commercial for Pizza Hut occurs during game*

Joe: "So, if we're really doing this Whole30 tomorrow, we should probably order bacon stuffed crust pizza tonight". 

Amanda: "YES DEFINITELY" - orders it.

Joe: So this pizza really isn't that great. Maybe we should also order Pizza Joe's since we know we like that."

Amanda: "OMG YES YES YAAAAASSSS" - doesn't order it. Wants to, but instead enters pizza/grease/beer-induced coma.

I had considered possibly allowing a drink or two during this Whole30, but now I realize that there is no such thing as drinking responsibly, if responsibly means not devouring bacon and cheese stuffed crust pizza, then seriously considering eating another pizza. I just can't be trusted, so this is a 0 modifications Whole30.

So on to better news - as of today, it's not a drill. We're on Day 2 and things are going pretty OK. I hard boiled eggs for breakfast yesterday and today, had a salmon salad / chicken salads for lunches, and yesterday's dinner was a burger (no bread, duh) and brussel sprouts. I'm not sure what tonight's dinner will be but I'm sure we'll think of something sugarless.

I did have a minor screw up today on Day 2. My babysitter came over this morning with a coffee for me from Dunkin Donuts. It was disguised as a "black coffee".  I should have known better when it tasted too delicious to be true. Sure enough, my skepticism got the best of me and I headed over to DunkinDonuts.com for the nutrition info. Turns out their "Black" pumpkin coffee turns into a pumpkin via sugar injection. Dunkin DEVILS, they are!

Anyway, I only had a little bit of it so I'm not counting it as a total failure for Day 2. I'm moving on to Day 3 tomorrow and forgetting all about this little misstep.




No comments:

Post a Comment