Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The Amanda30 - Day 1

If Joe can invent the Joe30, then I can invent the Amanda30. Here's what I want to do:

I will write in this blog to record my goals, successes, failures, food diary, workouts, and generally what's on my mind for 30 days. I'll do this 5 days a week for the next month. I'm giving myself two days off because... everyone needs 2 days off. What if my internet goes down? It could happen.

I honestly thing that the mere act of recording what I eat will cause me to make better decisions. I already know what are good & bad decisions, but right now I make them with no consequence. Believe it or not, having to write down that I ate a whole bag of Doritos is a consequence. If I know I have to reflect back on that later and "own up to it"... I'll probably just steer clear of those Doritos altogether.

I'm going to record my progress and see if writing it down really makes a difference. Even if I allow some cheats here and there, will I still be better overall? I'll record my weight, analyze my average # bad choices per day / week, and maybe some other fun things. I don't have "before" numbers for things like that, but that's ok with me.

For every week that goes by without 5 entries -- I go 1 week without Facebook (!!) For every week that goes by with 5 entries, I get a special treat of my choosing for the week. I don't know what yet, but I am sure that I'll think of something.

This week, I'm thinking about food. I absolutely hate cooking. I don't even enjoy eating what I cook afterward because 1) It usually doesn't taste that great and 2) I am so bitter about having cooked that I can't be satisfied. I want to try to find ways that I can cook as little as possible, with as few messy dishes, and the smallest time commitment -- but still be healthy. The easiest thing to do is resort to cereal or some kind of snack bar, but there have got to be other things that I can get in the habit of doing.

This week, I'm also thinking about $dollars$. I don't want to spend a small fortune Whole30'ing again. I need ways to save on things that I might be spending too much on now so that maybe I would have a little extra for Whole30-like options.

I'm going to ruminate on these topics. In the meantime, here's my food journal for the day:

Breakfast: 2 Eggs
Lunch: Hamburger without bun, sweet potato, coleslaw
Dinner: broccoli, chicken, & rice
Snack: half a cupcake, the other half of the cupcake, tuna, labat blue light (3?)

* Items in red are things to be ashamed of.

No comments:

Post a Comment